Internet Privacy Statement
The Michigan Turn Marshals (MTM) respects your right to privacy and we are committed to protecting it.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, and data stored in our databases.
Accordingly, we abide by the following privacy principles for all personal information that we collect from you:
- We will not sell or share your personal information with anyone outside of our group.
- MTM will not sell or share its email lists or any of its member email addresses to anyone. (However you should be aware that your identity may be made public by registering for events or by submitting postings on our group's Facebook site.)
- You maintain ownership rights to your information and may request to access or modify your information at any time.
The MTM website uses 'cookies' to better serve members who use this site. Any user may block or delete our cookies, however, by disabling cookies, certain site features and functionality may no longer work properly.
Additionally you should know that when you visit MichiganTurnMarshals.org and most other websites, you leave a trail of data. While we don't know who you are, some of the things we do know are:
- The domain you came from
- The time you arrived
- Which pages you accessed
- How long you stayed on the site
- Any page access or database errors that may have been generated
MTM may perform statistical analysis on collected data in an effort to improve our service and content, but be assured that we will not share this information with any outside groups.
The MichiganTurnMarshals.org website is now fully enabled for HTTPS.
Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure protocol through which your browser communicates with sites.
When using HTTP sites, any data that is transferred can potentially be accessed or manipulated by attackers.
However, when using HTTPS sites, data is encrypted and authenticated and therefore secured.
MTM subscribes to the SiteLock service, which monitors our website on a daily basis for threats and vulnerabilities including malwares.
As a preventive measure, the MTM website is monitored for downtime and performance by Site24x7. The monitoring service performs only high-level checks and does not access individual user's personal data.